Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Charlie Palmer@Costa Mesa

Since my company was closed in Veteran's Day, I had a lunch with my friend who lives in San Diego. She is a person who eats like a celeb. And she eats alot and is more particular about the taste and I cannot imagine it from her slender body.

Anyway, we went to new Charlie Palmer restaurant where next to Bloomingdale of South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa. I was known Charlie Palmer who owns AUREOLE in Las Vegas which reputation is expensive but the food is not too bad.

When a menu is seen, three courses of lunch are reasonable for 26 dollars. More gazed at others in the menu, I found my favorite foie gras to the appetizer. So, I ordered foie gras along with the steak for main course. My friend ordered CHINO FARM SALAD of the appetizer plus a lunch course.

CHINO FARM SALAD which came out first. I understand for keeping the original flavor of fresh vegetable, although seasoning is hardly carried.

Second, my foie gras came out...



【Today's Dishes+α】
Close-up will be shown by clicking, and if cursor is placed on a photograph, details will come out.
Please understand that it may not be shown in some browsers.

Bread Wheat, Baguette CHINO FARM GREENS
ARUGULA AND FRISEE SALAD Foie Gras Foie Gras
FARRO RISOTTO WILD MUSHROOMS FRUITS DE MER
SIDE DISHES AGED NY SIRLOIN AGED NY SIRLOIN
AGED NY SIRLOIN not RARE!!! MOLTEN CHOCOLATE PRESERVED MEYER LEMON, FUDGE
ESPRESSO ICE CREAM Charlie Palmer Charlie Palmer
Charlie Palmer Charlie Palmer Charlie Palmer
Charlie Palmer Charlie Palmer

The foie gras is melting in my mouth! It is very delicious with the apple sauce attached together! But it is whether the waffle attached downward is slightly obstructive.

Although evaluation of foie gras was good, most dishes of others which came out after that are destroyed totally. My steak came by medium well to have placed an order by rare. The seafood pasta of the lunch course which was out of the question. It was a quality of Olive Garden.

Charlie Palmer extends business too much just for a moment, doesn't he?

Foie gras was delicious though --

While I was taking the pictures of meals for the blog as usual, one couple who was sitting next to us asked me "Are you a bloggar?". "That is right", I answered and we have started having some conversations and discovered that he is the chef of a restaurant called 208RODEO where on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. His name is Joseph Mahon. He also has the meal meeting in Underground called Cook Mode and it enlivened with the talk of wanting to have a party very much shortly at my gourmet club.

Since I was asked by him how today's dish was? "Well, it did not come by rare to have placed an order for rare, and was so so", I answered. And then, I was taught that this restaurant was carried out in the worst review by LA TIMES.

The report which existed when I went back home and having been investigated.
"Sorry, Charlie, but your Costa Mesa restaurant needs help."
http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo-review8-2008oct08,0,1787924.story

It is quite miserably.

Although, Mr. Mahon who was not perturbed though the report of the bad review was read, but was coming for reconnaissance. Since I was impressed by his studious attitude. I am very look forward to visiting to 208RODEO. And I was very glad this kind of a chance encounter.

Charlie Palmer
3333 Bristol St.
Costa Mesa, CA, 92626 MAP
Phone:(714)352-2525
http://www.charliepalmer.com/
Rating:★★

No comments: